Monday, April 11, 2022

Hi, You look nice today :-)

Thus begins this blog. Not sure where it will go or what it will contain, but I hereby promise it will be unfiltered (with a concerted effort to remain in somewhat good taste) and honest. I enjoy writing so this should be a pleasure. 

Today, Monday April 11, 2022, is a different day than many I have had. Today is the first Monday in my entire professional and working career (25+ years) that I begin the week after being “let go” at a job. I was informed on April 7, 2022, that, due to “corporate restructuring,” my position had been eliminated at the large telco for whom I had worked for almost three years. My services were no longer needed.


After the total shock had worn off, and I had informed my wife of the news, I started to feel excited about the future, especially considering the generous severance package and extension of my very competitive extended benefits package. I would also receive five months of service from an outplacement agency that assists people in my situation in obtaining new employment (or retirement, if they qualified). Retirement being a long way off unless I win the lottery, I will certainly take advantage of the opportunity to explore new adventures.


I wasn’t happy at my previous job and perhaps they could sense it. I don’t bear any ill will towards the company. Businesses have to do what they have to do. My copper handshake (far from golden, but still worth something), provides some runway to get a new start. I am not sure if I will be pursuing full time employment or re-invigorating my freelancing business I ran before my son was born (about a decade ago). I sure would love to be self-employed again. I was never happier than when I was operating my own business, a digital gun-for-hire. setting my own schedule, enjoying total flexibility with my time. I worked anywhere, anytime, as much or as little as I chose. Sure there were days when I blew off work and did something fun, but there were other days, some in a row, where I worked 12-16 hours a day to finish a project that was handed to me already on fire and late. I always came through and this reputation allowed me to contract out to various ad agencies for quite a few years. 


So, we’ll see where this goes. My experience over the last 10 years has provided me with a business acumen, corporate proficiency and hopefully enough experience to at least get an audience with an employer so that I can attest to my value. 


As far as the name of this blog goes, well, I will let the reader discern the meaning behind it. I am currently on a journey of discovery of my own psychology and will write on occasion about the nuances, challenges, and triumphs of living a kinky life and navigating this crazy world with symptoms of a neurodivergent brain. 


Off we go, like a turd of hurdles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections on the 2022 Vancouver Fetish Weekend

Sun. Sweat. Sexiness. Rubber. Fun. Friendship.  Sweat.  Did I mention sweat? Maybe that's just me. This is the Vancouver Fetish Weekend ...